McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Game Winning Shot

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to hit a game-winning shot? Well, a student here at McC has.

It was our second home game against Irons. It was an extremely challenging game. The score was so close the entire time. Everyone on the bench including Gianna was nervous because this would have been our first loss and there wasn’t much time left. Everyone knew this would be a tough game, but we didn’t think it would have been this stressful. Then with thirty seconds left and we were losing by two the coach grabbed Gianna Hartnett and told her “Go help out you got this.” That was all the motivation she needed.

When she got out there the ball was thrown around until Gianna got it, she was outside of the three-pointer line she shot it and the whole bench got up the ball circled around the rim until it went in. The whole gym started cheering and screaming. While taking the shot she was thinking “I have to make this, we have to win.” After taking the shot she said she felt like she helped out the team by winning the game for us.

After making the shot she ran down the court back to defense. We waited until the game ended hoping the other team wouldn’t score and they didn’t, so we won the game. It was an amazing game Gianna said it was a game she will never forget.