McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Should Art be on Your Schedule Next Semester?

Is art an important subject? Should I sign up for art next semester? If you have these questions, you should definitely read this article and learn a little more about art before you miss the chance to sign up. 

Art is a class here at McCullough that many students take. This class can be very beneficial to some, but many students can also find it “boring” or “a waste of time”. So the question is, should I take art next semester? This is a commonly asked question that could be answered in many ways. In my opinion, everyone should at least try taking art for one semester. I think this because if you like it, the class can be enjoyed, but if you don’t like art you can always not do it next semester. For this answer and some other information, I interviewed Kate Holz, who is in Art A at McCullough Junior High.

Kate says that some of the things you learn in art are “How to be a better artist, to be more creative, to pay attention to details, and to try your best all the time.” This information tells of some of the things that can be learned in Art A in one semester. I then asked Kate what she disliked about art, to which she responded “It’s slow pace and takes more time than I anticipated.” These are some of the reasons you might not want to do Art A.

To conclude, Art A at McCullough can be very beneficial and as some call it “an easy 100%”. That is why I think everyone should at least try art, because with the right teacher and the right resources you can have that easy 100% and have fun while doing it