McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Can music really be that bad?

Can music really be that bad?

Music has always been a significant aspect of Cat’s life. Even from a young age, she quickly found solace and comfort in music, turning to it during times of stress and uncertainty, even making it into a hobby. As she grew older and entered school, she began to realize the profound impact that music could have on her academic performance. Cat firmly believes that music can help us in school in a variety of ways.

One way in which music can aid in academic success is by improving focus and concentration. Cat has learned from experience and has found that listening to instrumental music while studying or doing homework helps her to block out distractions and stay on task. She says that it could help focus other students like it does with her.

Furthermore, Cat has found that music can also help to enhance memory and retention. She has often used music as a mnemonic device, creating songs or rhymes to help remember complex information or key concepts. By associating specific melodies with certain pieces of information, Cat has found that she is better able to recall and retain that information when needed.

Overall, Cat firmly believes that music can play a significant role in helping students succeed in school. By improving focus and concentration, enhancing memory and retention, and reducing stress and anxiety, music can provide students with the tools and support they need to excel academically. Cat’s own experiences have shown her the power of music in education, and she hopes to continue sharing this belief with others in her school and community.