McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Fully Supplied and Ready

Fully Supplied and Ready

How do they always seem to run dry?  Supplies like pencils and paper have been staples of schooling since its inception.  With time, pencil bags have been filled with more and more from Sharpies to glue.  Computers are especially a big talk with the school only having so much for their buying and replacing.  More than ever, it is important to keep enough materials for the students.

I interviewed Luis Salazar, a seventh-grade student at McCullough, for his opinions on the matter.  He believes that, in the event of a sudden increase in the budget, the school would spend it on “desks and computers because they don’t have enough.”  Similarly, he said, “Instead of waiting, they (students) could complete assignments on time.”  Computers are being used for more assignments and work, so more would increase the amount of work students would get done.

An important question remains: will there be an influx of supplies coming to the school next year?  Unfortunately, Luiz raised a rather negative point when he said that “they would have done it a long time ago.”  Regardless, students can bring necessary supplies from home to use or donate to the school.  If everyone did that, maybe there would not be a need to spend precious dollars on replacing used supplies.