McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Bryson’s hot take and info on cross country running!

7th and 8th-grade cross country could be challenging for people who have never run competitively before. And if you think it’s easy, Bryson says “don’t underestimate anything”. But lucky for you I’ve interviewed one of the best cross-country runners in 7th grade this year, Bryson Bolin. I’ve asked Bryson questions about cross country which he has answered which will give you a perspective on what running cross country is like.

So, when you’re in cross country you’re going to be going and racing at meets. A meet is like the equivalent of a football game when you’re in football. So, I asked Bryson what the best way is to prepare for a cross country meet. He answered that the best way to prepare for a cross country meet is to carbo load. A carbo-load is eating food with a lot of carbohydrates for dinner the night before your race. A good food for a lot of carbohydrates would be pasta/spaghetti/ravioli Etc. But during practice, you’re going to have to run off campus. This means you’re going to have to run to public parks, public shopping centers etc. I asked Bryson what the best places he and the team have run to. His answer was North Shore and Market Street. 

But these are just some of the things you do in cross country. There are many things that people have to do to be a good cross-country runner. Cross country is one of the hardest sports there is in the world and takes a lot of commitment to be successful in cross country. As Bryson says, “nothing is easy”.