McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

FCA; is the club worth joining?

FCA; is the club worth joining?

Are you a believer in God and an athlete, who wants to extend your faith? Then FCA might be the right place for you!

FCA, or Fellowship of Christian Athletes, is a club that helps you be closer to God. In this club participants meet on Thursday morning, in the McCullough A-gym. During these meetings, a student, part of the leadership team, reads the scriptures, and then all the students get in groups and discuss what the scriptures mean. At the end, all students say a prayer and start the day off well, and with God.

Not only that, but FCA can help you learn to be responsible, and learn ways to cope with struggles, and it surrounds you with a community of God-loving people. When I asked Summer Cantu, a student in FCA about the community, she said, “It has a great community where I’m surrounded by people who love God.” Summer also told me that she has made lots of friends who share the same idea about God, these friends have also helped her be closer to the lord. When I asked her another question about how it created a sense of responsibility, Summer answered “It creates responsibility because you have to wake up early and remember to write speeches about scriptures. ” Every student in FCA has to wake up earlier than normal on Thursdays, to make it to the meeting, not only that but students can be chosen to lead a prayer or a bible study, so they have to write about what they will say. This holds the students accountable and creates a sense of responsibility, which can spread to other parts of their lives. Summer also wanted to add, “In our club, we have small groups that help you open up, and don’t judge your situation.” This kindness and openness, helps the students cope with their problems and struggles.

FCA is a club that helps bring together people, help them cope with bad situations, learn responsibility, and most importantly extend their faith. “I believe FCA is worth joining because even if you’re not a specific type of Christian, it can help you connect with God, and create long-lasting friendships.” Summer says. FCA is more than a club, it is a safe place for students to connect with God and feel loved. Give this club a chance, go to just one of their meetings, and you will see the benefits.