McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

The Power Of Fashion

The Power Of Fashion

Fashion has always been a part of many people’s lives. Whether it’s a new trend or an outfit they feel confident in, we can all agree that fashion can change people’s mindset about themselves. 

A good friend of mine, Renee Murray, has impeccable fashion taste. She is always on top of all the trends and has the cutest clothes. She agrees that what somebody’s wearing has an impact on their confidence and mood throughout the day. Just think about a day wear you didn’t like your outfit; did you feel differently? I bet you didn’t feel as confident in yourself. However, many girls struggle with being able to express themselves while staying in the dress code.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Renee states “Wearing clothes you feel comfortable in, whether they’re cute or comfy, definitely makes you feel more confident in yourself.”. This is very true because the better you feel about yourself the better you do. She also stated that, “Some popular trends right now are Lululemon and mini UGGs.”. If you look around, you will see many girls wearing them. A big problem in schools though, is the dress code. Many girls are wearing clothes that the APs find inappropriate. While I do agree that young girls shouldn’t be showing up to school in inappropriate clothes, we also have to realize that they’re only young 12-14-year-old girls, so we should be controlling what they wear. Especially because every family has their definition of what’s appropriate clothing. Also, some girls might prefer to wear shorts or tank tops, cause that’s what they feel comfortable in. We also live in Texas, so adults should realize that girls can’t wear leggings and sweaters every day when it’s 90 degrees outside.                                                                                                                           

In conclusion, we can all agree that fashion plays an important role in our lives. No matter how old you are, wearing something that makes you feel good will never go out of style!