McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

The Barbie Movie: Good or Bad?

The Barbie Movie was released on July 21, 2023, and it has taken the world by storm. Once it came out, many people went to see it immediately. It was a big hit, and many movie enthusiasts enjoyed the overall theme and/or message. The Barbie Movie shows the story of Barbie and Ken and follows the pair on a journey of self-discovery through both Barbieland and the real world. It was a wonderful movie in the eyes of many people, but does everyone think so?

Many individuals enjoyed the music in the Barbie Movie, it fits the whole vibe of the movie. According to a fellow 7th Grader, Archa Chempath, the music was very good in the Barbie Movie. People enjoyed “Dance the Night” by Dua Lipa, and “I’m Just Ken” by Ryan Gosling, but Archa believes that neither of these earworms is the best. Archa Chempath, 7th Grade: “My favorite song in the movie was ‘Pink’ by Lizzo, it was played at the beginning of the movie”. The beginning turned out to be Archa’s favorite part of the movie overall. She states, Archa Chempath, 7th Grade: “I enjoyed the beginning of the movie when all of the Barbies wake up to start their day”.

Although the Barbie Movie may not be Archa’s favorite movie, she will still remember it fondly. It was a great movie, even if others do not agree. Everyone will still remember when Barbie took the world by storm.