McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Chess Club 2024. Is it worth joining?

Chess Club 2024. Is it worth joining?

Trevon Nguyen is a member of the chess club. Up next, I will talk about all the information he gave to me to hopefully persuade you to join or consider joining the chess club.

Trevor Nguyen, a chess club member, recommends joining the chess club. He says,” It’s fun to adapt to other’s play styles.” and,” It’s fun to play with friends and new people.”  This shows that Trevor is passionate about chess and not only does it to get better but manages to have fun in the process. “It’s fun if you win.” He quotes it as a joke. He says that practices are in the morning in Mrs. Chamber’s room. It ends when the bell rings. To join just know the basics, he says,” There aren’t many requirements.” This can encourage new people to join the chess club. It is a very versatile club, even if there aren’t any tournaments.

The chess club is very beginner friendly, and anyone can join. Trevor Nguyen is a chess player who recommends the chess club to anyone who even is considering joining it. The beginner-friendly club is for anyone. Why not join, right? Just come in the morning to Mrs. Chamber’s room and you’re in, just like that!