McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

How are Electives Important?

How are Electives Important?

How are electives important? I interviewed Kynzlee Masterson who’s in 7th grade and asked the same question. Kynzlee’s in writing strategies, robotics, architecture, CCE2, and CCE3. Her response to how electives are important was that “they help you learn extra things that can help you in life.”

Electives can impact us in many ways, because you can get so much from them. Also, Kynzlee put it as, “Extra fun and education.” You can get extra life skills and make more friends. Even though some electives are fun, you still can get a challenge out of it. Kynzlee quotes, “Definitely, some are really easy, but some are really hard.” Kynzlee makes some great points about how she likes electives. I asked her if she likes electives and she responded, “Yes, I do, cause it’s another class that you get to learn something.” Electives are a great way to get a higher education and percentage on your semester grades. You can expand our knowledge of languages, architecture, writing, wildlife management, and even cooking. You can expand your knowledge of anything with electives. 

Even though electives can seem boring or pointless they can help us with the near-future, present, or the future that’s far away.