McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Is Highland Girls Worth It?

When trying to find a sport at McCullough Junior High School it may seem intimidating. There are so many to choose from, Highland Girls is one of those options.

If you’re wondering Highland Girls is McCullough’s school dance team they perform in pep rallies, competitions, and football games on some occasions. It seems cool to me and hopefully interesting to you as well. However, with all the work you would have to put in and all the energy and time does it still seem appealing? Would you still go to tryouts and give it your best shot? If your answer is yes, the only question left is “Is Highland Girls Worth It?”

If you cannot answer this question that is completely fine, we asked Abigail Jaques, a member of the team to answer it for you. You may be concerned about making friends. Well, that is okay because we asked Abigail if Highland Girls was a good way to make friends, and her answer? This “Yes, because you are on a team full of girls you wouldn’t be friends with if you weren’t a part of the team.” Then we asked her if Highland Girls was enjoyable, she said “Yes, I enjoy it because I get to see my friends and we all get to do the thing we love together. “If these do not answer your question yet this might. The last thing we asked Abigail was if she truly believed that Highland Girls was worth it and if she would recommend it to any upcoming students at McCullough and she said “Yes, I would recommend it to incoming students. I have been doing dance and Highland Girl camps since I was in about third grade. There are ups and downs being in Highland Girls, but I have been training my whole life to get ready for this and I have zero regrets. This team has amazing girls in it, and I would one hundred percent recommend it to anyone interested.”

At the end of the day if you are still trying to decide how you are going to spend your time at McCullough, remember Highland Girls is still one of the best options you can choose from. At least in my opinion, but still, if you are trying to decide there are more electives to choose from. To rewind and to conclude this article I have a question that I would love if you, my reader could answer. That question was “Is Highland Girls Worth It?”