McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Is Destination Imagination Your Next Contemplation?

Do you like solving problems, working with a team, and using creativity and skill to find answers? If so, you need to join Destination imagination!  it’s a club here in McC that you can join. 

Students work with a team, of no more than 7 students, to solve and complete the given challenges. These challenges can include “Scientific, Fine Art, Technical, Engineering, and Improvisational skill and learning.” So, there is something for almost everybody to learn or show their natural talent. Each challenge involves “research, teamwork, problem solving, and time management skills” To complete them. This can help prepare you for future work environments and can ready you so you are successful with whatever challenges you may face.

Wait there’s more! This club has a competition day to show off your skills you have learned. The day of competition is in February as the teams will compete against other teams in our district by presenting their solution to the challenges they have been given. They will also compete in something called an instant challenge that they don’t know anything about until they walk into the room at competition. “It must be completed in a limited amount of time.” That’s why time management is an important skill to obtain. If they place 1st in their category, they will move onto the state level and possibly up to global! This requires meetings with teams after school and sometimes on weekends. It is time consuming- “but the skills learned and enjoyment we have in solving the challenges, makes it worth it!” 

So, to sum up all that’s been stated so far, Destination imagination is a fun, problem solving, team building club that prepares you for the future. If any of this sounds appealing to you then all you need to do is See Ms. Kissner in room E203 to see if this is the club for you.