McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Destination: Immagination!

Destination%3A+Immagination%21

Have you heard the words Destination Imagination? Destination Imagination (DI) is a club formed with about 6 team members and a team manager. The team members will create an 8-minute skit based on certain challenge requirements. Sounds a bit boring, doesn’t it? Well, here’s where the fun comes in. Instead of being given a script and props, you have to build them on your own. That means NO parental involvement! You can learn a lot from DI, as easy as it sounds. “Surprisingly, DI is an interesting experience!” Eshaan Ahuja, a DI team member, comments. Because you are with a team for at least a year, it can be a bonding experience and a chance to make long-lasting friends. Even now, after 3 years of doing DI together, Eshaan and I are still friends.

One challenge this year is called Technical. This challenge requires you to create a giant pinball machine that works, as well as base a story around it. The main purpose of DI is to teach the next generation skills we already have, so they can be prepared for the jobs that will undoubtedly come in the near future. But it doesn’t all take place here in our beloved state. If you win the state competition, (which takes place in Dallas) you get to go to Kansas City, Missouri! “I loved the experience of going to globals. I would love to do it again.” Eshaan comments again.

Another thing is the matter of pins. You might think that they are just normal plastic pins, but they are huge pins with sometimes breathtaking inscriptions. With fantastic opportunities, valuable skills, and interesting experiences, DI is something for all to enjoy!