McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Is Girls Basketball Worth a Shot?

Is Girls Basketball Worth a Shot?

Are you considering trying out for Girls Basketball? Basketball player, Sabrina Morias, let me in on all of the inside basketball secrets and why you should try out next season. To McCullough, girls’ basketball is more than just a sport, it is an important community, and it is highly sought after to have a spot on the team.

When I sat down to talk to Sabrina about girls’ basketball, she brought something to the light that many people do not consider. Sabrina Morias really emphasized how much community means to their teams and said “I really feel like I am a part of a team. We get to work hard with friends, and we all treat each other with respect and don’t try to create drama.” With lots of teenage girls in a sport, it is hard to stay away from gossip, but the McCullough basketball team is an expert at having a well flowing team.

I asked Sabrina why it is beneficial for teens at our schools to get involved in basketball and other sports, and she believes that basketball is great because, “You get to do something that isn’t just P.E. and still have fun.” Physical education is very important in any teen’s life, and basketball is a great way to earn your P.E. credit.

Girl’s basketball wouldn’t function without coaches, and there are three to provide for the students’ needs. “Off Season is coach McWilliams, and I really enjoy her coaching, A team is coach Marquis, and B team is Coach Robinson.” Sabrina appreciates all of their coaching, and they efficiently get work done.

After sitting down with Sabrina Morias, I learned how joining Girls Basketball has many benefits to McC students and is definitely worth a shot. Even if basketball isn’t your sport, the amazing coaches, the incredible community, and the great physical benefits, make it worth your while.