McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Why ceramics could be important in life!

Have you ever considered delving into the world of ceramics? I recently spoke with Alessandra Borja, an 8th grader who is passionate about ceramics. She shared with me all about what she does in ceramics, her favorite hobby, and even what she can do outside of school with her ceramics skills. Her teacher, Mrs. Owens, can be found in room D-105.

Alessandra mentioned that working with ceramics can be challenging if you’re not familiar with the process. It’s important to keep the clay moisturized to prevent it from hardening too quickly. However, despite the obstacles, she finds ceramics to be an incredibly rewarding and enjoyable hobby. “Ceramics can be hard if you don’t know what you are doing if you don’t know what you’re doing the clay will harden up if you don’t put water on it, you have to keep it moisturized long enough to handle it” 

I believe that trying out new hobbies can be beneficial for anyone. You never know what you might enjoy unless you give it a chance. By exploring different activities, you can avoid getting bored with the same old routine and discover new passions.

Ceramics is a fun and engaging hobby that I believe everyone should try at least once. Who knows, you may find that it’s truly your calling. There are countless hobbies to choose from, so don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new!