McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Theatre is Not Just About Acting

Theatre is Not Just About Acting

Throughout your life, what is one thing that has saved you? For a student who wishes to remain anonymous, her biggest support in life has been the Theatre. Being an actor has helped her through thick and thin, always being an escape from everything else.

When the student was only 10, she attended a small theater club, thinking nothing of it. But soon she would begin to fall in love with being on the stage and under the blinding lights. She was quickly discovered for her raw talent by surrounding members and was praised endlessly. She now confesses that that was the happiest she ever felt, in her entire life. After a while she gained more confidence on stage, eventually landing spots in countless productions, one in which being Beauty and the Beast. After the play, she remembers the crowns clapping and cheering, her mother handing her roses after. Her heart skipped a beat when all this rushed into her head, she had never felt better.

Even with her growing age she still attends production after production, still finding that constant feeling of confidence and happiness as she bows on stage. When asked if she ever feels nervous or anxious on stage, she replied, “Yes, everyone does, but in the end the audience could never tell what you’re really feeling.” With this she hopes to shed light on being anxious and that it’s okay. After interviewing this student, she seemed to be very excited about the topic, speaking every answer with enthusiasm. Her answers proved her love and value for the theater. For my last question I asked, “Do you think other people should consider acting?” Into which she shot out a quick reply, “Always, it’s something that can connect people to happiness and escape from everything else, when our on that stage, you forget everything.”

In the end, theater to this day proves its value in this student, doing something more important than anything, brings out happiness and confidence in a person. With this interview her last wish was to encourage people to attend and watch a production to see if it’s right for them, and who knows, maybe you’ll just want to join the theater.