McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Cafeteria Turns Into Landfill!

Do you enjoy sitting in trash while you eat your lunch? Well, I don’t.

Trash at lunch presents a major problem at McCullough and needs to be addressed. Lia will talk about how the trash presents a problem and will help brainstorm ideas for ways to fix this problem.

Lia has D lunch and sees the excessive amounts of trash strewn about; she also switches tables every day to find a clean table. Lia says “Many people drop food and refuse to pick it up.”, she also says “We can fix this problem by picking up after others.” Lia thinks that picking up trash will contribute to a clean school environment, and prevent “The trash giving you a gross and disgusted feeling when eating lunch.” She also thinks that cleaning up the trash will draw more people to the school rather than repel people. Lia knows that there is a lot of trash that sits around and although it seems impossible to be able to pick it all up every day, it is obtainable if we all pick up after ourselves.

We all need to start to take notice of the problems around us, the perfect way to start is to take notice of this problem and choose to fix it.