McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Chick-fil-A for lunch!

Are you tired of the same choices for lunch each week? Would you love to have Chick-fil-A available during lunch?

I hear many students complain about the food in the cafeteria not being good. I think Chick-fil-A would be a good option. I interviewed Katie Pol, a current 7th grader at McCullough, to get her feedback. I wanted to know how she felt about current food options in the cafeteria, how much she would be willing to pay for it, and if she would want it available every day.

As soon as I asked Katie if she would want Chick-fil-A at school, she said, “I would love Chick-fil-A at school every day!” This is the reaction most students gave. They would love a hot meal that filled them up enough to last until school was over. Some students have to stay after school for practice. Katie is currently on the girl’s Cross Country and Track team and stays after school sometimes. She said, “If I had Chick-fil-A for lunch, I probably would not be hungry at practice.” When asked about the current food choices in the cafeteria, she said, “The only food I like at McCullough is the chips!” That’s not even something cooked! We definitely need another option. Going to Chick-fil-A in town and getting a combo meal costs about $7-$10. When asked what she would be willing to pay at school, Katie said, “$10-$15!” That might be a lot of money, but that’s how much she loves it.

In conclusion, students would agree that Chick-fil-A should be offered at school during lunch. They are willing to pay premium prices for it! Students are not eating enough from the cafeteria to last the whole day without getting hungry. Food is important to keep our energy up to be our best in class!