McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

The Rewards of Hard Work: How to Achieve Your Dream

Have you ever wondered what it takes to achieve good grades? Do you hesitate to join honor classes because you think they are too hard? Are you struggling to maintain consistent effort and keep up with all your assignments? 

Well, I talked to my A+ friend, Naomi Brillantes, who is willing to share some tips that keep her motivated to keep her grades up. Naomi is currently working hard to get into a very good college.  She has always cared about her grades. Each year she has learned to do better. 

Naomi says, “I plan ahead, and I prioritize the ones that are more important, such as assignments that are due earlier.” She added, “If the teacher provides a rubric, you should review it to avoid losing any points.” Another one of her tips is to discuss with your teachers about your mistakes so that you can fix your errors and improve. Naomi also explained that following instructions carefully can also make a difference. One other suggestion she gave was, “Teamwork is important for a successful project and an excellent score.”

Tips from a hardworking person like Naomi can help all students who are struggling. Planning ahead and prioritizing assignments is the first step. With consistent effort, you can get the grades you would like to earn.