McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Big Classroom Problems

Do you have a friend that has failed a class because of how distracting the class is? Well, if you have and don’t understand why they’re failing, you need to read this article.

If you want to understand why a big classroom is distracting, I interviewed somebody who has had a big classroom and a small classroom. Haniya Sajid is an 8th grader who has had experience with both types of classrooms. Haniya Sajid also agrees that a big classroom is hard. She has always gotten good grades. When she was in a big classroom, she got so easily distracted that her grades in that class started to slip a little bit.

When I was interviewing Haniya, I asked her if she liked being in a big classroom, she said “When I was in a big classroom, I rarely learned anything and I was struggling in that class,” that shows that she was getting distracted by the classroom. But, when I asked her if she liked being in a small classroom she said “When I was in a small classroom, it was very quiet. But on Fridays we used to go to our phone when we finished all our work,” you could clearly tell by this, a small classroom didn’t distract her and got all of her work done. Haniya also said something very important “There is times to play and there’s times to do work,” that clearly showed something important that everyone needs to remember because “A big classroom may be a lot fun since you have friends, but when it comes to doing the actual work, it won’t be fun anymore,” Haniya now, pays a lot of attention in her classes and is passing her classes.

After you read this article, this shows that a big classroom can be fun, but at the end of the day, do you get your work done? Do you pass all of your classes? Because if you don’t, you’ll have the consequences for your actions.