McC School News

The Student News Site of McCullough Junior High

McC School News

McC School News

Student Athlete

Student+Athlete

Many Students try very hard to manage sports and school properly and effectively. For some people they sacrifice one or the other to do what they want. But one of the Students at McC has found a way to be academically successful and be good at the sports he does. Jack Sleshinger is a good role model of what a good student athlete is. You may be confused why his information is valuable. Well Jack is in all honors classes, is on the A team for football and plays baseball outside of school while having good grades.

We were curious on how Jack gets everything done while having practice. “Every minute counts, it is important to always be locked in” Is what Jack told us. We can agree that while working or practicing every minute of your day counts. Well, does Jack actually get everything done and have time to play? Yes “I get everything done with the time I’m provided with”.

That goes to show that you can always try to do something with your time.

When being role models it is not only important to show that you know what you’re doing but to also be a kind person to others. Jack told us that “you should think of others and always be considerate.” Being a kind person is something that everybody in this world needs to work on.

After Jack told us about how to be a good student we asked if he had any goals for the future that he is currently working towards. “I want to make it to the MLB and get super rich.”

That is a pretty hard goal to achieve and if he keeps working towards these goals, he will make it. Everybody should remember that without work you won’t get the reward.

After speaking to Jack, we now know that being a student athlete isn’t just about pone typing but about many things like being kind, having goals and hard work.